1. Opening Ceremony
Believing in Arts power to influence, and as music is the unified language of all nations around the Globe, A special concert will be produced for the Second Palestine International Water Forum, to be presented at the opening ceremony. The concert will employ music and lyrics to send messages about water issues in the Arab Region to the world. The audience will listen to stories, will see a simulation of impacts and will feel the reality and think about the future. The concert will move the needle towered actions needed to achieve Arab Water Security.
2. Water Conference
The conference sessions will be covering topics under the main event pillars and shall take different formats.
The conference shall address policy makers, sector participants, experts, key national and international partners and donors, leading academic institutions through [Call for Papers and Presentations] and [By Invitation for plenary speakers. The conference sessions shall undertake several of the following formats:
- High-level session(s): Keynote speakers addressing the main theme and introducing the overarching issue of the given pillars. Visionary leaders through target invitation cover this only.
- Roundtable discussion: Since the forum is aiming at find solutions and come up with practical recommendations for some specific issues under the subtheme topics, the form of roundtable discussions is adopted. Each roundtable discussion will address a water issue with carefully selected experts (not more than 10), the moderator should manage the debates and he will be responsible of presenting the final resulted solutions and recommendations.
- Panel Discussion: special panel of 30 min discussion covering one of the main pillars’ subtopics by different stakeholders and experts through Call for Speakers and by Invitation.
- Expert Presentation: several 20 min presentation of new technologies and success stories related to the main pillars.
3. Side activities
3.1- Youth Zone
Youth are the water sector leaders of the future. Educating and engaging them in water issues offers opportunities to share information widely with families, academic institutions and peers, and provides a unique space for cultural change in water management practices within society In accordance with their evolving capacities and increasing autonomy, to be engaged in the future decision-making processes.
Driven of its current efforts of engaging youth in water sector development; PWA is planning to develop the First Youth Water Forum to take place at Second Palestine International Water Forum. The activity is aiming at provide a platform for this important community segment to engage with experienced professionals to gain insights and share experiences and perspectives.
3.2- Water Exhibition
Serves as a platform for local and international exhibitors to showcase the latest technologies, raise corporate profiles and promote products and services while sharing ideas and best practices with key international stakeholders of the water sector (Details in section exhibition).
3.3- Guest Tours
The Forum will include side seeing trips:
- Guest tours to Palestinian cultural and religious sites.
- Visiting PWA recent projects.